Welcome to our new Webpage: Feldenkrais Zentrum Heidelberg / Publications
On our website we offer you a glimpse of what we do, who we are and our plans for the future. Right now, our website is a construction site. Soon it will have a completely new design and new content. In the future, we will offer seminars and online workshops. If you want to know more, please contact us.
The Feldenkrais Method
The Feldenkrais Method is about people and how they move, learn, and develop. Nurtured by a generous vision of human beings the Feldenkrais Method emphasizes the growth potential of each individual.
We, Ulla Schläfke and Roger Russell, founded the Feldenkrais-Zentrum Heidelberg in 1993. We are "old hands" in the Feldenkrais community in Germany and are also internationally engaged.
From 1994 until 2020 we have led eleven Feldenkrais training courses in Heidelberg. We have organized numerous advanced training courses, conferences, symposia and seminars. Presently we lead Feldenkrais trainings in Prague, teach in other trainings, offer supervision and lead selected advanced trainings with themes that fascinate us.
Roger Russell was trained by Moshé Feldenkrais and is one of the most experienced Feldenkrais teachers in Europe.
- 1973 first encounter with the Feldenkrais Method.
- 1975-1982 Training with Moshé Feldenkrais in the United States and Israel
- Since 1977 Feldenkrais teacher in the United States and Europe
- Since 1983 active in Feldenkrais trainings in Germany, Europe and the United States
- 1988-1992 physical therapist training in Germany
- Since 1997 Internationally accredited trainer in Feldenkrais professional Trainings
- 1996-2001 Studies in Movement Science and Movement Education (M.A.) in the United States
- Since 1995 Directed and participated in symposia and conferences in Germany, Europe and the United States
- Author and editor of two German-language books on the Feldenkrais Method, as well as numerous articles in German and English
Ulla Schläfke completed her Feldenkrais training in the United States and Europe. She is an educational director and accredited Feldenkrais trainer in Feldenkrais trainings in Europe.
- 1979-1989: Organizational management in community institutions and in adult education
- Since 1982: Seminars in the field of communication and organizational development
- 1988-1991 Training as Feldenkrais teacher in the United States and Europe
- Since 1994 active in Feldenkrais trainings, and
- Since 2006 Internationally accredited Feldenkrais trainer
- Since 1985 work with women's groups concerning the Feldenkrais Method and body-image
You can visit our "old" website: (Note: some links no longer function and it is only in German)
Our interest in the science behind the Feldenkrais Method and our involvement with the worldwide Feldenkrais community enable us to bring you up-to-date developments at the highest level.
Here you will find:
Articles and links to publications we have done since 2000. Most are in German; we are working to have many of them translated into English and other languages.
Most are available free of charge as PDF files or via links for reading or downloading.
We will regularly add new documents, links and posters to this page.